Investment and Gift Policies

We manage and invest the charitable dollars you entrust to us, keeping you up to date with clear, transparent financial information. 

Investment Policy

Our investment strategies help your giving go further in our community. 

Our Investment Options

We have a number of investment options, and funds can be easily moved from one option to another as your philanthropic goals evolve. 

Separately Managed Accounts

We can work with your investment manager to grow your funds in separately managed accounts for large or complex transactions.

We aim to maximize our current and future capacity for grantmaking, while maintaining the purchasing power of the Community Foundation's charitable assets over time. Our primary investment objective is to invest endowment funds with a focus on diversification to help control risk, achieve long-term growth, offset inflationary impact, and allow for distributions and fees. The Community Foundation's Investment Committee, a group of experienced finance professionals, guides our investments in compliance with our Investment Policy. 

Investment Policy

Gift Policy

Our Gift Policy outlines the size and kinds of gifts we accept to establish a fund, as well as the services provided to donors and the policies governing a fund's use.

Gift Policy


Almost all institutions who manage charitable funds charge fees. One of the benefits of opening a charitable fund with the Community Foundation of Utah is the fee is not really a fee at all. It is a contribution to a nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of Utahns. The more the Community Foundation of Utah grows, the more we can take on critical initiatives to improve the communities we all love. Think of our “fees” as an additional donation to your community!  

Contribution Schedule

Other Policies

General Fund Policies and Procedures

Donor Advised Fund/Corporate Advised Fund Policies and Procedures

Privacy Policy

To learn more, give us a call at 801-559-3005.

The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.